- the element of a person that enables them to be aware of the world and their experiences, to think, and to feel; the faculty of consciousness and thought.
- a person's ability to think and reason; the intellect
- the state of being aware of and responsive to one's surroundings
- a person's awareness or perception of something
- The "mind" is information stored in a network of living cells - and that this information is lost when the brain dies.
- While human brains may support a wider and deeper "mind" and have a wider "consciousness" window there is no reason to believe the brains of higher animals are any different in the way they function.